Hemp agrimony is a perennial with knobbed rootstock. The stem grows to a height of 150 centimeters and has no or few branches. It is covered with hairs. Blossoms are rosy or pink, sometimes – pale. The herb blooms starting from June till September.
hemp flower effects agrimony can be found growing in sunny and damp places, such as, riverside, lakeshore, ditch slope, brushwood and roadside. You should collect hemp agrimony tops – up to 25 centimeters long flowering tops. You can also collect leaves and rootstock with roots. Tops should be collected during the florescence of the herb. You should dry them at a room temperature or in a drying camera, as long as a temperature does not exceed 40 degrees Celsius.Leaves should be collected before florescence or during it. You should simply hand-pick them and dry just like the tops. Rootstock with roots should be collected during autumn (in September and October) or spring (in April). Air dry them at a room temperature for several days and dry in a drying camera at a temperature below 50 degrees Celsius.
1. The overground parts of the herb are said to contain essential oil, sesquiterpenes lactones, flavonoids, polysaccharides, saponins, tannins, phenyl carbolic acids and other biologically active substances. Rootstock and roots contain inulin, saponins, sesquiterpenes lactones, fatty acids and other biologically active substances.
2. Hemp agrimony has metabolism improving and bile secretion facilitating properties.
3. The active substances the herb contains facilitate the secretion of bile, have positive effect on the performance of spleen, improve metabolism and increase body resistance to various infection diseases.
4. Large amount of the herb cause diarrhea and can be used as anthelmintic remedy.
5. Some substances of the herb have antivirus and anticancer qualities. They prevent cells from growing. Hemp agrimony herb has similar activity to that of Echinacea.
6. Hemp agrimony tops and rootstock with roots are mainly used in folk medicine. Infusion is used to prevent and treat cold viruses, increase the protection ability of your body, as well as, deal with respiratory diseases, including bronchitis and cough. In order to make the infusion, you should infuse 1-2 teaspoons of hemp agrimony with a glass of boiling water and let the infusion brew for 15-20 minutes. Decant and drink half of a glass or a glass of the remedy 2-3 times a day.
7. In order to deal with liver, gallbladder or spleen diseases, you should infuse 2 teaspoons of granulated tops with 2 glasses of cold boiled water and leave the infusion to brew for 12 hours. Decant and drink the whole infusion within a day in several equal portions.
8. Heating compress with granulated tops should be placed on areas affected by furuncles, bruise and skin inflammation. In addition, you can use the compress to reduce itch. Mix powder of the tops with a bit of boiling water to get a paste and use it for the compress after 15-20 minutes.
Consumption of large quantities of hemp agrimony infusion or infusion at strong concentration might cause vomiting.